Recent cell phone shopping experience:
1. Spent time telling a coworker about the things I like on my current phone (Samsung Galaxy S3). In the process, used voice control to set a twenty minute timer.
2. Stuck phone in my pocket, completely forgetting I’d set the timer.
3. Went to a store that sells Verizon phones. Precisely as I reached out and touched one of the beautiful new Samsung Note 4 phones, an alarm started going off. Beep beep, beep beep!
4. Being as how beeping noises in general have a strangely disembodied effect to them, assumed it was the display phone making That Noise. Thought I’d caused it.
5. Spent long, panicky moments fumbling through every doggone setting on the phone, trying to MAKE IT STOP. I turned off the sound, went through the alarms, fiddled with the sound settings, etc., etc., etc. Luckily no one was nearby, but it was sooooo embarrassing, I can’t even tell you. (I have a phobia of attracting unwanted attention through noises. I have trouble even chewing in public.)
6. Finally realized the sound was coming from my pocket.
I didn’t stay too much longer.
I did get a nice tour of the phone, I suppose.